Located in the northern part of Palestine, lies on the border of the Samarian Hills. It served as a transit station on the trade road. Jenin is the ancient En-gannim of the Bible and os the same village referred to as Ginaea. The Romans were the first to name the city of Jenin in the 16th century. The name was derived from Ein Ganim, meaning the spring of Ganim and referring the region’s plentiful springs. It was 4km from Jenin, at eh village of Burqin, where Jesus cured 10 lepers residing in a cave at the edge of the village.
Jenin was occupied by the Crusaders in 1103 and then liberated by the Muslim leader Salah Din Al- Ayyoubi in 1187 during the famous battle of Hitteen.